Sunday 5 May 2013

Real Food Festival 2013 at the Southbank Centre, London

I had such a lovely day yesterday, despite spending the evening feeling a little uncomfortably overstuffed - this was because I headed over to the Southbank to investigate the Real Food Festival 2013, and got a little carried away enjoying all the treats!

This is what the Real Food Festival website (http://www.realfoodfestival.co.uk/) published about the event...

'Taking over the whole Southbank Centre site in the heart of London, along the river Thames and around the Royal Festival Hall, the Real Food Festival showcases some of the finest small producers in the country plus the best street food vendors on the scene, top chefs, live animals and music!
From hand-made chocolates to the finest artisan cheeses, chutneys, proper sausages, olive oils, charcuterie, regional specialties and delights and the most creative street food vendors – the Real Food Festival celebrates the very best, passion-driven, sustainably and ethically produced food.'

I was sold - I had to go and check it out! The best thing - it was free to attend :o)


As usual on a weekend at the Southbank it was pretty crowded - and with the food festival in full swing it was no exception...


But I battled through the crowds and got to have a look at all the produce on sale, taking advantage of all the free samples on offer. I treated myself to a few of the various goodies on sale, including a glass (or 2) of red wine! I enjoyed generously sized turkey & parsley pierogi (Polish dumplings) and had the most amazing peanut butter and Snickers cookie, which I'd love to try to make myself sometime.
Enjoying my warm turkey & parsley pierogi...


And my peanut butter & Snickers cookie...

 


As I write this it's currently beautifully sunny outside so if you live nearby I would definitely recommending heading down to check out the festival which continues until tomorrow evening. It's open Sunday 5th & Monday 6th May 12 - 6pm.



Lisa x


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment